Saturday, September 15, 2012

編みぐるみ or.. Amigurumi :)

I've always liked the cuteness of the so-called "amigurumi" and I've always wondered: What does it mean? Maybe you already know, but I had to go check on Wikipedia and the explanation is this:

Amigurumi is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures. The word is derived from a combination of the Japanese words ami, meaning crocheted or knitted, andnuigurumi, meaning stuffed doll. Amigurumi are typically animals, but can include artistic renderings or inanimate objects endowed with anthropomorphic features,as is typical in Japanese culture.

Now it makes sense!! :) 

I recently bought a pattern on Etsy. The owner and designer happens to be Italian! Her name is Ilaria, she's incredibly good! Her SHOP is beautiful! I also explored her BLOG.. she has some free patterns (I just started to create a little Matryoska doll.. too cute!) and she shows many of her creations. Everything is so adorable that makes me want to crochet all day! and it's exactly what I did today, forgetting a little bit about my messy house...
The pattern I bought from her was very well explained, step by step, with a lot of pictures. I have to confess that the initial request to look for Amigurumi patterns came from my husband {I taught him how to crochet one day, when he was really bored.. and now he became better than me!!}.. he's the one who made Ilaria's Teddy Bear, I just gave it the final touch. 




And these are a few of Ilaria's works of art!!
Kokeshi - amigurumi pattern



It's all for now....until next time!!

xoxo,




4 comments:

  1. A cutest teddy bear!!! Thank you :)
    hugs
    Ilaria

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, such pretty things!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow..how very cool!! what creativity! i love the donuts!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

♥ ~Thank you for stopping by~ ♥ I love your comments!